Friday, January 23, 2015

Sharky Bones and Tumbleweed

For Thursday, January 22, 2015 and Friday, January 23, 2015

Today is Friday.  Yesterday was not a learn new stuff day so I  will share views of the world through my grandsons, Waylen and Falcon (twins, age 3).  Sharky Bones are skeletons and when they want to play 'Sharky Bones' they want to play Plants vs. Zombies.  Who knew!  

As I drove east on Chandler Boulevard to pick up grandsons (W and F plus one) it was during an hour of high wind and there was a glorious, happy tumbleweed party bouncing across the road.  I knew the boys would love seeing it on the way back so told them to watch and pointed it out.  They laughed and laughed and were saying something about Tumbleweed in Spongebob.  I don't get the reference because I have never watched Spongebob but I did do some research.  As I was reading this synopsis of an episode that might (or might not) have tumbleweed in it (I guess I would have to watch to verify) the thought came to my mind, "This sounds like a dream.  This sounds like my dreams!"  And then, "Hey, maybe if I recorded my dreams I could make a cartoon people would like to watch."  Yeah, never happening but...for those of you who don't watch Spongebob maybe you will have the same feeling after reading this synopsis.  Does it really make any more sense than a crazy dream?  

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Rock_Bottom

Here is a video of a family driving through a tumbleweed party just like we saw, except we were on a busy six lane road.  It was very, very fun and funny.  Listen to how thrilled these kids are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNVcSIZyBuE


And, speaking of Tumbleweed and Chandler (Arizona, that is), Chandler makes a tumbleweed Christmas tree every year as part of the city's Christmas celebrations.  Have you ever seen a Christmas tree made of tumbleweed?  Check them out here: 

 https://www.google.com/searchq=chandler+arizona+tumbleweed+christmas+tree&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=799&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=fvnCVJ3GLcvBggTSm4GoDw&sqi=2&ved=0CDoQ7Ak&dpr=1


2014 marked the 58th year of Chandler's Tumbleweed Christmas Tree tradition! 

1 comment:

  1. When we got back from AZ we noticed a tumbleweed stuck in our car grill. It looked like a wreath! Maybe you can start a movement adding tumbleweed wreaths on cars to the tumbleweed Christmas tradition.

    ReplyDelete