Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Living On One Dollar

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Today I watched this documentary on Netflix with my youngest boys.  Check it out.  Hmm.  I am thinking about what I learned that was new.  I don't know that I learned anything new but I FOUND this new documentary and it humbled me and reminded me of the multitude of gifts and great abundance we enjoy here in America.  It saddened me for the sorrows and sufferings of so many.  It excited me to see the ingenuity of people and their ability to work through difficult and enduring trials and still have generous spirits and open hearts.  It reminded me of the goodness of our God who I believe truly does guide people and send others in answer to prayer and need.  It delighted me to see the beauty of these people and the sparkle in the eyes of their children.  It made me grateful for the church's (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) perpetual education fund and programs to help members all over the world  (https://www.lds.org/topics/pef-self-reliance).  Maybe we can set some small goal as a family to be of help in some small way.  Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment